Apple’s AirPrint allows you to wirelessly print high-resolution photos and documents from your Mac and iOS devices without the need to download and install any extra apps and drivers. This guide will show you how to connect an AirPrint printer to your Mac.
Also Read: How to print to PDF from an iOS Device
Before getting started, you will need to make sure that:
- Your Mac and the printer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Your printer must include AirPrint support.
Now, do the following to connect AirPrint printer to your Mac.
Step 1: Connect your Mac to your Wi-Fi network.
Step 2: Connect your printer to your Wi-Fi network.
Step 3: Press Command + P, select File from the Mac’s menu bar, and then click on Print…
Step 4: Once you are in the Print menu dialog:
- If the Printer dropdown displays your printer’s name, just move ahead.
- If the Printer dropdown doesn’t display your printer’s name, click on the dropdown menu and locate it.
- If the printer isn’t still available, click on Add Printer…
Step 5: A menu shows up, just located the name of your printer on the list and choose it.
Step 6: Click on the Use dropdown menu and click on AirPrint.
Step 7: Hit the Add button to add your printer
Step 8: Lastly, Print from your new AirPrint printer.
If you have trouble connecting an AirPrint printer to your Mac, there are a few things you should try:
- Your Mac and iOS devices must be on the latest macOS and iOS version.
- You have updated your printer to the latest version of software and firmware.
- Don’t connect your printer to your Mac or to your network through USB. This way, you won’t be able to use AirPrint.
That’s it! Got any questions? Drop them in the comments and we’ll be happy to help you out with any problem you may have.
Like this post? Share it!