Jailbreaking allows you to do a lot of things on your iPhone, as Apple has imposed certain limitations to their devices. Installing themes on iPhone is one of the primary reasons of jailbreaking. However, jailbreaking can put you at risk.
Luckily, there is a simple way by which you can add themes to your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad without jailbreaking your iDevice. iSkin is a new platform that can be used directly from your Safari to install themes on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch without a jailbreak.
How to install themes on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch without jailbreaking
It sounds too good to be true, but it is possible to add the themed app icons on your device Home screen without having a jailbreak. Remember that this method only works on iOS devices running iOS 7 or newer.
Keep in mind iSkin only adds themed app icons to your iPhone’s home screen, and it doesn’t replace your existing ones. Basically, iSkin will add shortcuts which can be used to launch the respective apps or web links. This means that you will put your stock iOS icons into a folder to hide them once you have downloaded a themed pack of app shortcuts.
- Step 1: Go to the iSkin web page in Safari on your iOS device.
- Step 2: Scroll down to Browse all themes and tap on it.
- Step 3: Select your theme. For example, we will use the Midnight them by citydog123
- Step 4: Tap on the Application icons button. This section will allow you to select what apps you want to theme your home screen.
- Step 5: Tap on every app you wish to theme, and remember to enter the name for each app in the text fields located in the right of every app icon.
- Step 6: Tap on the Install icons button.
- Step 7: Wait a few seconds, and you will be asked to install a configuration profile.
- Step 8: Tap Install to proceed.
- Step 9: Enter your passcode, and tap Install. Tap on the Install button again to confirm.
- Step 10: Tap Done, and you will be directed back to Safari.
- Step 11: Once back in Safari, if everything goes well, you will see a green box that says “Installation in progress.” Wait a few seconds until the process is finished.
- Step 12: Go back to your home screen, and scroll down to the last page. You will see all your new themed app icons.
That’s all you need to do. You can move your new themed app icons anywhere you want, and put your existing ones into a folder.